Thursday, August 11, 2011

Making Our House A Home: The Paul & Shelby Edition

Remember that crazy list of home-improvement to-dos I wanted to finish before the end of August? It's actually getting done!!

First things first, Paul and I actually agreed on color choices. Coral Serenade for the kitchen, Cracked Pepper for the dining room, Fashion Gray (ugh, terrible name) for the bathroom, Nocturnal Sea for our bedroom and the most exciting: Martha Stewart Precious Metals Froth (GOLD!!!) for the hallway.


Our dining room was up first, and it really pleases me to brag: it looks AMAZING in here.





The next project is our bathroom, which I painted last night. I wanted to un-paint this vintage cabinet, so I picked up some "safe for indoor use" paint remover and a pair of chemical resistant gloves, put on my safety goggles and went to town. Here is me before I realized that "DIY" is not really something I'm great at:


It did not work at all. And now it smells insane in my apartment, I have a chemical burn on my hand and I'm totally nauseated. I'll probably be dead in an hour, but I hope not because I rented a power sander and Home Depot will keep my $25 deposit if I don't have it back by tomorrow afternoon.


Also, P.S., not really wild about the bathroom color. It's a much warmer/browner gray than I was expecting. But I also don't hate it enough to repaint it (yet).

2 comments:

timmymolly said...

dinner party? to show off all your hard work?

SLA said...

Soon!!!