Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thinking Ahead.

As someone who pretty much hates every A-line skirt ever, it's especially surprising to me that I'm so excited by this fall trend:


DENIM SKIRTS!!! Oh god, I love them all so much. While I definitely prefer the pencil silhouette warn by Lauren Santo Domingo and Claudia Schiffer on WhoWhatWear, I can't believe how much I love this '70s-inspired ensemble from Joe Zee! Joe, you have two things going for you here -- I loved you on The City, and I love anything denim-on-denim -- yet I still can't help but be surprised at my attraction to your A-line ensemble. But here I am, and I'm totally loving it.


In a bonus stroke of true genius (Elle.com already used 'jeanius' or believe me, I would have) Zee has also paired two of my all-time favorites: overalls and blazers. So, you can expect to see a lot of this combo from me this fall/winter.


I know I should spend more time being thankful for this short warm-weather season we currently find ourselves in, but I'm just really excited to start layering again.

No comments: